I am now collecting birth stories for this blog! :) Please submit stories to rynnalovesyou at gmail.com (with the @, of course) with the subject line "Birth Story" and note the following within the body of your story or separately:
1. When and where did you give birth? (e.g. November 2002, Pennsylvania)
2. When did you decide who (if anyone) would care for you during your pregnancy and birth, and why? (e.g. family doctor, midwife, doula, etc)
3. What interventions (if any) did you request during your pregnancy and birth? What interventions did you receive? When did those interventions occur, and how much input did you have in the process? (e.g. ultrasound, fetal heart doppler, cervical palpitation, epidural, etc)
4. Did you feel empowered during your pregnancy and birth? Why or why not?
5. If you could change the decisions you made during your pregnancy and birth, what would you change and why?
6. If applicable, how did your birth change the decisions you made during subsequent pregnancies? What would you do again and what would you change?
7. What did you learn from your experience that you would like to share with other women?
*Please send separate messages for each birth, and please limit identifying information to first names and ages-- this is still the internet! Stories will be posted anonymously unless you give explicit permission to post your name.
Everyone deserves to be heard, but I will not tolerate the hurling of accusations; Consider this a judgment-free zone when posting comments. Respectful questions are appreciated.